Location and Service Time
We are located at 701 W. Pine Street, Athens, PA 18810. Our Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:00 am and typically ends around 11:15 AM. Our Sunday evening prayer and discipleship begins at 5:00 PM and typically ends around 6:15 PM.
10 AM Worship Service
During the service we sing together, read Scripture, pray, give our tithes and offerings, and listen to the preaching of God’s Word. We also partake of the Lord’s Supper, usually on the first Sunday of each month. Our Sunday morning worship services are livestreamed on our Youtube Channel.
5 PM Prayer and Discipleship
At 5 PM we meet in groups for prayer and Bible study. At 6 PM all the groups gather in the auditorium for singing, Scripture memory, and corporate prayer. Our Sunday evening prayer and discipleship is available to join via Zoom. Please email email@example.com to request the link.
Current Health Precautions
(Updated December 15, 2020)
- Please stay at least six feet apart from others as much as you can.
- Parents, be diligent to keep your children with you at all times in order to prevent unnecessary contact with others.
- Seating is spaced out to maintain distancing. We ask that households (or those who drove in together) please sit together to make efficient use of the seating.
- Please wear a mask. We recommend wearing a mask as you enter, exit, and move throughout the gathering, specifically as you meet with others. Once you are both seated and distanced you may remove your mask.
- Restrooms are available, though families are encouraged to use restrooms at home so as to avoid having to use facility restrooms.
There is a parking lot by the front entrance on Pine Street, and another lot around the side on Pennsylvania Ave. The auditorium is on the upper level, the nursery and most of the classrooms are on the lower level.
Restrooms in the church building are available for use on both levels. A handicap-accessible bathroom is available on the upper level.
A typical Sunday morning attendance is 80-90 people. Dress is diverse from casual to business casual.
Children of all ages are welcome in our Sunday morning worship service. During the service, the nursery is available for parents to use at their discretion. We welcome nursing mothers and have a comfortable place in the nursery to feed your baby if you so desire.
At 5 PM on Sundays, the following meet as groups during our prayer and discipleship time. Parents are always welcome to send their children to the group that they believe would be the best fit, regardless of the child’s age.
- Nursery (through age 3)
- Pre-Primary (Pre-K through 2nd Grade)
- Primary (3rd through 6th Grade)
- Youth Group (7th through 12th Grade)
The music sung at CBC is a blend of old and new. We love the theologically rich hymns from past centuries as well as from modern-day writers. The singing is intentionally congregational – highlighting the fact that we are gathered together to sing with one voice.
Preaching at CBC is typically expositional, which means we seek to understand, explain, and apply the main point of a particular passage of Scripture. The sermons are usually 30-45 minutes in length. All of our preaching is centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news of God’s redemptive plan that is unfolded throughout all of Scripture.